Are you a data ninja?
We’re looking for someone who lives, breathes and loves data. The type of data guru who would love to work with our clients to transform their disconnected data into a single source of truth. A commercially savvy data leader. We help our clients to unlock their data potential so they can make/save more money – wanna join us?
We’re the award-winning global data lab with offices in the UK, New Zealand, and soon-to-be Australia. We help our clients to make smarter, quicker business decisions using data. We work with UK & global clients across all sectors. We were born in 2017, and we’ve delivered 70+ data projects for 50+ businesses. In August, we launched myDATA3, the only business tool to provide instant dashboards and benchmarking to SMEs. We have ambitious global growth plans and we’re growing every day. We need your help to grow our business even further.
- Be the technical lead/architect on our client data projects
- Recommend the data architecture and solution design for our clients
- Create data solutions including data lakes, data warehouses and databases using cloud services
- Work through business analysis with clients and team
- Connect multiple, disparate, disconnected data sources together
- Combine and cleanse data using ETL/ELT processes
- Connect to third party platforms using APIs
- Model data in preparation for analytical workloads
- Run ‘healthchecks’ on data quality, completeness, and accuracy
- Transfer & store data in a robust and secure way in line with industry best practice
- Present and communicate options, findings & recommendations to the team and our clients
- Produce solutions quickly and work by exploratory analysis and rapid iteration
- Trouble-shoot and solve data problems as/when they arise
This is a Bristol-based role with flexible-working and we often work from home.
- Demonstrable experience working in a similar role or a senior data engineering role
- Significant experience designing, setting up & maintaining solutions in Azure/AWS/GCP. Ideally Azure.
- Significant experience working with large datasets and multiple data feeds
- Confident working with databases, data warehouses and data lakes eg Snowflake / Azure Synapse and/or Data Lake / AWS Redshift / Databricks inc. Delta Lake / AWS S3
- Confident working with SQL, ETL tools or similar eg Matillion, Fivetran, Talend
- Excellent collaboration, interpersonal, written, listening & verbal communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to train, coach and encourage others
- Confident presenting to clients and senior stakeholders and making data simple
- Ideally a Python developer
- Ideally have experience with AI, machine learning & statistical tools
Applicants will be asked to share recent examples of their data work so please be prepared to impress us.
Our Data3 offer
For the right candidate, we offer a key role in a fast-growing data agency.
- Want variety? You got it. We’re technology-agnostic and work across multiple sectors, so you’ll get to play with lots of data tools across a range of data projects.
- Want flexibility? You got it. We support flexible working and working from home – we focus on delivering high quality outputs for our clients.
- Want diversity & inclusion? You got it. We believe that diverse and inclusive businesses are far more successful and better places to work.
- Want to enjoy coming to work every day? We do too. Join us and let’s create the culture we all want to work in.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from everyone regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org