Do you want to grow your business, innovate, drive efficiencies, &/or create new revenue streams? Of course, you do! Well data is the starting point…and this is the only data-focused roundup you’ll ever need!
In this issue, we’ve got a mix of data news and DATA³ news.
STARTING WITH DATA NEWS…
The world of technology, and data, is moving at a pace…and so must we. That’s one of our mottos in our DATA³ Way that we share across the team. The technology world doesn’t sit still…so nor can we. The pace of technology evolution can feel overwhelming sometimes, as well as exciting. So, we’re always trialling the latest technology and comparing/contrasting a range of tech solutions.
Here are a few ways that we do this…
A. We love an independent assessment of technology so we can assure ourselves, our team, our partners and our clients that we’re applying an objective method to technology selection and not just using the same old tools or being biased in our recommendations. The places we go for independent reviews are:
- G2’s Grids – which is based on peer reviews – here you can see how data visualisation tools compare, how ETL tools compare, how CRMs compare, and so much more. Plus you can filter tools by the size of organisation they are designed for – such as a small business versus an enterprise solution. And it’s all free.
- Gartner’s Magic Quadrants – which is based on Gartner’s assessment of technology in the categories of leaders, challengers, visionaries & niche players – here you can see how a range of data solutions, cloud solutions & tech solutions compare but they do charge…usually you can find the latest grid with a quick Google search though.
- With both these sources we need to remember that these assessments are for general usage of these tools so, as well as this first check, you need to check your specific use cases and data needs versus the capability of your shortlisted tools, to ensure it will enable all of your business requirements as you grow.
B. We also have some super helpful tools that we’ve created here at DATA³ to enable the team to do their jobs, focused around our Data Discovery + Design project, including:
- Data Transformation Journey – we’ve created a unique way to assess our clients’ organisations in terms of their current data maturity versus their aspirations for the future. We can then help our clients implement their data transformation journey in a series of practical steps, just like this…
- Technology comparisons – on a client-by-client and use case-by-use case basis, we compare and contrast the market-leading data tools to ensure we understand both the pros and cons of every tool, as well as the full costs and total cost of ownership, from setup effort/cost to ongoing licence fees, to maintenance costs, so our clients can make an informed decision on what’s right for their organisation.
Need some help to review or select a data or technology solution? Drop us a line at email@example.com and we’ll chat through your options and our experiences.
FINISHING WITH DATA³ NEWS…
For all our clients, suppliers, partners, and collaborators reading DATA DATA DATA, you’ll all know many of the team here at DATA³. So, I’m delighted to share with you the news that Sam Holwell, our UK Client Director, has stepped up to become our UK Managing Director.
Sam has tons of experience supporting clients with their data transformations and Sam is often our lead data consultant on UK and US client projects. Sam’s great at cutting through the complexity to create data strategies and implementation plans that enable our clients to realise commercial & efficiency benefits as quickly as possible. And, as a maths graduate, he loves numbers!
Supporting Sam, we have our amazing UK leadership team:
- James Parr who leads on tech
- Helen Ward who leads on marketing
- Andrew Jackson who leads on operations
- And there’s me on sales
And they are all supported by our amazing group of data consultants, data architects, data engineers, data analysts, and data visualisers as well as our operations/marketing teams. Plus there’s the team at Data Cubed Aotearoa and the team at Data Cubed Central Europe.
Thank you for reading…I’ll be back soon with more data news.
Remember…if you’re in data hell, I’m data Hels!
Recommend a friend or colleague to join our mailing list for DATA DATA DATA – firstname.lastname@example.org or
Connect with me on LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/helentanner/
Email me at email@example.com